* When I'm not doing birthy things, I enjoy exploring Toronto and finding hidden gems with my daughter. We love biking together and making up stories during walks in High Park.
* In my spare time I enjoy hanging out in neighbourhood cafes trying to read a novel, but then getting distracted with people watching.
* I like to browse in shops, coming up with gift ideas for others, and for myself.
* I love to laugh and sometimes make jokes at inappropriate times. (TIP: Bring your humour to your birth - laughter releases feel good hormones!)
* I watch episodes of "Schitt's Creek" when I can't sleep.
* When I was pregnant I took an amazing empowering yoga class by a doula. I joked that I could leave her class and give birth on the street! Now as a doula, I teach my clients some of the exercises I learned from her, so you can find your rhythm, ritual routine for labour.
Hi, I'm Jen LeClair!
I'm a mama and I reside in the west end of Toronto with my daughter. It was during my own postpartum period I realised I want to support others during their pregnancy and transition into becoming families. I trained with DONA to become a birth doula in Vancouver, and became a certified doula with Bebo Mia after we re-located to Toronto. It is so important to me that you feel safe, comfortable and respected while in labour.
Your birth experience can be amazing!
It is just as important that you feel supported and validated during postpartum: the Fourth Trimester. I know firsthand how important the presence of a Doula can be. I love to see you feeling empowered and making the best decisions for yourself during labour and after the baby is born. I want to help to connect you with your village.
I am certified and I am a member of the Association of Ontario Doulas. I've taken extensive training in full spectrum services including Fertility Specialist and Abortion Support. I am trained in High Risk and Complicated Birth Support.
My goal is that you feel validated, respected and comfort. My commitment is to support your choices and teach you how to make them with evidence based information. My desire is that you feel loved. "