Birth is birth, no matter how it happens
Childbirth Education & Doula Support
Please note: All of my care packages have been modified for COVID-19 times
*Be Well, Families*
Essential Mama Bear Care
Premium Mama Bear Support
Digital Mama Bear Doula
In this time of Covid-19, I am offering virtual doula support for you. This includes:
2 prenatal sessions in a Zoom meeting (2 - 2.5 hours each)
On call support at 37 weeks via text, email, phone, or Facetime
Facetime, skype, phone and/or text support during labour and after birth
2 hours virtual postpartum support, 1/2 hour sessions
You will have your own digital copies from our prenatal sessions
Access to reputable resources and other pregnancy programs
This childbirth and newborn education package is created for those who just want some extra care to gain more empowering information prenatally and postpartum. This package includes:
Minimum of 2 prenatal sessions (2 - 2.5 hours each)
Additional Sessions are $50 per hour
Please leave your details and I'll connect with you as soon as possible.
Description of Birth Doula Care
- You will learn how to empower yourself during labour using BRAIN technique and other tips I'll share with you.
- You will learn how to create a realistic birth plan.
- Discuss stages of labour, provide information about interventions.
- We will discuss your biggest concerns about labour, birth and life with a newborn.
- Talk about your postpartum plan.
- Show you some comfort measures I will use in labour, and teach them to your partner (if you have one.)
- Continual labour support unti 1-2 hours after the birth. I stay with you while hospital shifts switch, and you're meeting various health care providers.
- I will cheer you on, keep you focused on your journey, be a rock for you, offer a perspective and options. I will stay calm and objective.
- I can suggest relaxation techniques, massage, apply acupressure, hydrotherapy, different positions, and other calming measures for comfort during labour.
- I will do my best to keep your birth space protected.
- I'll probably (no, definitely!) shed tears of joy and pride when your sweet baby/ies is/are born.
- I'll stay with you, offer to snap some pictures of your new family. I'll make sure you are fed and comfortable.
- I'll assist where I can with breast/chestfeeding. Using my intuition, I'll sense the right moment to make my exit, giving you quiet time with your new family.
- A few days after your birth I will visit with you to see how you're feeling, how your recovery is going, discuss the birth, offer feeding support (if needed), provide some community resources and admire your sweet baby.
- We can talk about your postpartum village and how you will go on with your day to day while caring for a baby.
Types of births I have assisted:
Families conceiving with Assisted Reproductive Technology and In Vitro Fertilization
High risk - cervical cerclage, placenta previa or on bed rest
Induced and high medical technology labor & birth
Precipitous birth (baby born within less than 3 hours of regular contractions)
Has other health issues (autoimmune illness or rare blood disorders for example.)
Over 40 years old
Size inclusive care
Perinatal and Postpartum mood disorders
Previous birth trauma, miscarriage and/or birth injury
Remote and rural clients birthing away from home
Survivors of Previous Life Trauma
Survivors of childhood sexual abuse
Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
Families of Colour