Birth is birth, no matter how it happens
Homebirth Doula Support
and Childbirth Education
Please note: I have modified packages for COVID-19 times
*Be Well, Families*
Essential Mama Bear Care
One complimentary virtual consult to make sure we are the best fit (about 30-45 minutes)
Two virtual childbirth education sessions, maximum 4 hours in total
One additional COVID-19 class
Unlimited text, email, and phone support
On-call support two weeks before your due date
In home labour support, no 12 hour clause
Postpartum visit in your home 2-3 hours within a week of baby being born
Back up doula provided in the unlikely case I am not unable to be present at your birth
You will have access to my book lending library and all digital copies of handouts
Access to my exclusive referral support for pregnancy and postpartum
* depends on policies surrounding COVID-19
I am offering curated packages because of COVID-19
Straight up Birth Education
This childbirth package is created for those who just want some extra doula birth education to gain more empowering information prenatally and postpartum. This package includes:
Minimum of 2 prenatal sessions (2 - 2.5 hours each)
Create a realistic birth plan. Template provided
follow up emails and extra COVID-19 info/hospital policies
Create a Birth Plan with a Doula
This is a virtual session - 1 - 1.5 hours
What you receive:
Basic 101 childbirth ed
A birth plan template that uses medical jargon and your health care team will understand
You will learn about your birth rights and how to use your voice in the birth room
You will learn about common birth interventions, medical terminology and what to expect while you are in labour.
Please leave your details and I'll connect with you as soon as possible.
Description of Birth Doula Care
- You will learn how to empower yourself during labour using BRAIN technique and other tips I'll share with you.
- You will learn how to create a realistic birth plan.
- Discuss stages of labour, provide information about interventions.
- We will discuss your biggest concerns about labour, birth and life with a newborn.
- Talk about your postpartum plan.
- Show you some comfort measures I will use in labour, and teach them to your partner (if you have one.) Including acupressure
- Continual labour support until your baby is born. Available for any breastfeeding questions.
- I will cheer you on, keep you focused on your journey, be a rock for you, offer a perspective and options. I will stay calm and objective.
- I can suggest relaxation techniques, different positions, and other calming measures for comfort during labour.
- I will do my best to keep your birth space protected.
- I'll probably (no, definitely!) shed tears of joy and pride when your sweet baby/ies is/are born.
- I'll stay with you, offer to snap some pictures of your new family. I'll make sure you are fed and comfortable.
- I'll assist where I can with breast/chestfeeding. Using my intuition, I'll sense the right moment to make my exit, giving you quiet time with your new family.
- A few days after your birth I will visit with you to see how you're feeling, how your recovery is going, discuss the birth, offer feeding support (if needed), provide some community resources and admire your sweet baby.
- We can talk about your postpartum village and how you will go on with your day to day while caring for a baby.