Doula Support and Childbirth Education
Please note: my care packages have been modified for COVID-19 times
*Be Well, Families*
Essential Mama Bear Care
One complimentary virtual consult (about 30-45 minutes)
Two virtual childbirth education sessions, maximum 4 hours in total
One additional COVID-19 class
Unlimited text, email, and phone support
On-call support two weeks before your due date
In home labour support, no 12 hour clause
*Labour support at hospital or birth center (I will stay with you for up to 2 hours postpartum)
Postpartum visit in your home 2-3 hours within a week of baby being born
Back up doula provided in the unlikely case I am not unable to be present at your birth
You will have access to my book lending library and all digital copies of handouts
Access to my exclusive referral support for pregnancy and postpartum
* depends on policies of hospital and birth center because of COVID-19
The Digital Mama Bear Care - "a la carte"
One complimentary virtual consult (usually about 45 mins.)
$600 Two virtual childbirth education sessions on ZOOM, plus one extra session about COVID-19 and hospitals - digital copies provided - text, email and phone support for two weeks following.
$350 Add unlimited text and email support. I'll be on-call for you at 37 weeks and support you in labour until you go to the hospital. Access to exclusive referral support and all digital copies.
$350 Add on-call virtual support while you are labouring at the hospital, until baby is born.
$200 Add for one week of virtual postpartum support.
Straight up Birth Education
This childbirth package is created for those who just want some extra care to gain more empowering information prenatally and postpartum. This package includes:
Minimum of 2 prenatal sessions (2 - 2.5 hours each)
extra COVID-19 info/hospital policies
Additional Sessions are $75 per hour
Please leave your details and I'll connect with you as soon as possible.
Description of Birth Doula Care
- You will learn how to empower yourself during labour using BRAIN technique and other tips I'll share with you.
- You will learn how to create a realistic birth plan.
- Discuss stages of labour, provide information about interventions.
- We will discuss your biggest concerns about labour, birth and life with a newborn.
- Talk about your postpartum plan.
- Show you some comfort measures I will use in labour, and teach them to your partner (if you have one.) Including acupressure
- Continual labour support until your baby is born. Available for any breastfeeding questions.
- I will cheer you on, keep you focused on your journey, be a rock for you, offer a perspective and options. I will stay calm and objective.
- I can suggest relaxation techniques, different positions, and other calming measures for comfort during labour.
- I will do my best to keep your birth space protected.
- I'll probably (no, definitely!) shed tears of joy and pride when your sweet baby/ies is/are born.
- I'll stay with you, offer to snap some pictures of your new family. I'll make sure you are fed and comfortable.
- I'll assist where I can with breast/chestfeeding. Using my intuition, I'll sense the right moment to make my exit, giving you quiet time with your new family.
- A few days after your birth I will visit with you to see how you're feeling, how your recovery is going, discuss the birth, offer feeding support (if needed), provide some community resources and admire your sweet baby.
- We can talk about your postpartum village and how you will go on with your day to day while caring for a baby.